I am currently involved in the scientific project of CARAMEL
, a team which is part of the Software Engineering group of the CRIStAL Laboratory.
My current research activities focus on two main topics:
(1) Template-based Model Driven Engineering (parameterized software models) (2) The Submodel notion for model retrieval
- M. Allon, G. Vanwormhoudt, B. Carré and O. Caron. Isolating and Reusing Template Instances in UML. Proceedings of ECMFA 2016, 12th European Conference on Modelling Foundations and Applications, Vienna, Austria, Springer LNCS 9764, pp 173-187, july 2016. Link
- B. Carré, G. Vanwormhoudt and O. Caron. On submodels and submetamodels with their relation, a uniform formalization through inclusion properties. Journal of Software & Systems Modeling (Sosym), Regular Paper, Springer, pages 33, june 2016. Link
- G. Vanwormhoudt, O. Caron and B. Carré. Aspectual Templates in UML, enhancing the semantics of UML templates in OCL. Journal of Software & Systems Modeling (Sosym), Springer, Regular Paper, pages 29, april 2015. Link
- B.Carré, G. Vanwormhoudt, O. Caron, From subsets of model elements to submodels, a characterization of submodels and their properties", Journal of Software and Systems Modeling (Sosym), Regular Paper, pages 29, Springer, 2015. Link
- M. Allon, G. Vanwormhoudt, B. Carré and O. Caron. Template Based MDE. Proceedings of CIEL 2015, 4ème Conférence nationale en IngénieriE du Logiciel, couplée aux Journées du GDR GPL (Génie de la Programmation et du Logiciel) du CNRS, Bordeaux, juin 2015. Link
- G. Vanwormhoudt, B. Carré, O. Caron and C. Tombelle. Recherche de sous-modèles. Actes de CIEL'2014, 3ème Conférence nationale en IngénieriE du Logiciel, pp. 126-130, Paris, France, juin 2014. Link
My teaching activities are in the area of software development at the Master Level.
I am responsible of the specialization in Distributed Software Architecture.
- Advanced Software Development Design Patterns, Generic Programming, Meta-programming, Extensible Architecture, Model-driven Engineering, Functional Programming
- Software Development of Mobile Apps Android, IOS, Objective-C, Swift, Bluetooth communication
- Distributed Programming Concurrent Programming, Reactive Programming (RX), Distributed Algorithms, Architecture Patterns, Remote Invocation, Actor Model, Hadoop, Spark
- Development of Telecom Services IP Telephony, SIP, SDN, JAIN, Protocol Stack
I write many softwares for both research and teaching activities. My preferred languages
are Java, Scala and Swift.
- Submodel engine This software is an extensible engine for the Eclipse environment (extensibility through plugins). It allows computing several kind of inclusion and typing relationships between models according to the poset formalism described in two Sosym papers ons submodels. Link
- Model search engine This software is an application of the submodel engine for searching models in CDO repository. It is explained in Sosym paper on submetamodels
- Aspectual Template engine Suite of Eclipse plugins for specifying and applying UML Aspectual templates in the Eclipse environment. It includes original and advanced facilities like binding inference. Explained in Sosym paper on Aspectual templates. Link
- OCL support for Eclipse Modeling Framework
This project extends the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) with an OCL support. It gives the abilities to attach OCL constraints (pre/postcondition, invariant) to any metamodel defined with EMF, to verify their coherence and to translate these contraints into Java code for evaluating them on instance models.
- SIP Applications Examples of SIP-based applications written in Java for my book "Telephonie SIP, concepts, usages et programmation en Java" published by Hermes-Lavoisier Link
- MacOS Document management tools Spotlight plugins for indexing specific formats (Office Open XML, Markdown, ...). Link
- MacOS Text Mining tools Suite of personal and innovative tools for managing collection of textual documents on the MacOS platform. Not available, contact me if you are interested.
- MaxCom Android and Web applications written for helping autists communicate through pictures selected by parents and communities. Made in collaboration with Vincent Vatelot.